Prescribed Activities

Council’s Local Laws require an approval for a Prescribed Activity for various actions such as the use of Council’s areas for commercial activities, erecting an advertising device, keeping of animals, operating caravan parks and undertaking works within the road reserve.

Provided below are the types of activities you may wish to apply for and the relevant application form. It is the responsibility of the applicant to complete the form with all necessary supporting material provided for a Permit to be issued. Upon receipt of an application, decisions are generally reached within 10 business days.

If you would like further information, please contact Council on phone 07 4761 5300 or email.

Activity Type Local Law Form
  • Commercial use of local government-controlled areas and roads
  • Establishment or occupation of a temporary home
  • Installation of advertising devices
  • Operation of camping grounds
  • Operation of caravan parks
  • Operation of cemeteries
  • Operation of public swimming pools
  • Operation of shared facility accommodation
  • Operation of temporary entertainment events
  • Undertaking regulated activities regarding human remains, or
  • Undertaking regulated activities on local government-controlled areas and roads.
Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011 F0215/CCS

(Uninsured Stallholders, Buskers, Entertainers)
  • Keeping of animals
Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011 and
Subordinate Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011
  • Carrying out works on or within a road
  • Installing a main or service on or under a road, or
  • Closing a road or footpath to undertake work.
Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011 and
Subordinate Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011
  • Planting a tree within a road
Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011 and
Subordinate Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011
  • Installing or replacing a gate or grid
Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011 and
Subordinate Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011