From time to time, Council changes or adds to the site, including these terms, without notice. Any change to these terms will be effective as soon as they are published on the site. You should review these terms regularly to check for updates. By using the site, you accept the terms in force at the time of accessing the site.
On this webpage, the following meanings apply:
- ‘Council’ means the Charters Towers Regional Council.
- ‘Material’ on the site includes any text, symbol, logo, image, video, audio, links and other items.
- ‘Site’ means the Charters Towers Regional Council website and/or its sub-sites.
- ‘User’ or ‘you’ or ‘your’ means any person using the site.
Using the Site
By using the site, you agree that you will not:
- tamper with or do anything that could hinder the proper operation of the site; upload viruses or other malicious code, transmit a virus or other disabling feature to the site
- collect users' material using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers)
- collect or solicit material about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- use the site, or use any service provided on the site, to conduct surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or send chain letters, junk email, spam or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise)
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site or use another person's name, registration account or password
- except to the extent permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on the site, or create any other material using material on the site, including posts made by registered users, without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of the information
- collect or solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else
- use the site for any activity which breaches any laws, infringes a third party's rights, is unlawful, or breaches the terms.
© Copyright, Charters Towers Regional Council (Council) unless stated otherwise.
All Material on the Site is protected by the Copyright Act 1968 (Commonwealth). Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in the Site and in all of the Material made available on the Site.
Your use of the Site and use of and access to any Material does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to the Site or the Material. Except for purposes permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the Site or the Material or any part thereof without written permission of the Chief Executive Officer. To request permission, please address all correspondence to:
Chief Executive Officer
Charters Towers Regional Council
PO Box 189
Charters Towers Qld 4820;
Council distributes the information on this website as a general reference source. Council endeavours to ensure that the information contained in this site is current and accurate, however makes no warranty in either respect.
This website contains links to other websites operated by organisations other than Council. The other websites are outside of Council's control and links are provided for your convenience.
Despite our best efforts, Council makes no warranties that the information on Council's site or another site is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
Council disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website or any linked website being inaccurate or incomplete.