Australia Day Awards Terms and Conditions
Please Read and Consider the following Terms and Conditions prior to making a nomination.
- By completing and submitting a nomination form, each nominee and nominator agrees to be bound by the 2021 Australia Day Awards Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Charters Towers Regional Council (the Council), PO Box 189, Charters Towers, Qld, 4820.
- All nominees must be, at their date of nomination, an Australian Citizen and resident within the Council’s local government area.
- All nominations must have a nominator and include a summary on the nominee.
- All nominees for Young Citizen of the Year, Young Sportsperson of the Year and Young Cultural Person must be aged under 25 years as at 26 January 2021.
- All nominees for Citizen of the Year, Sportsperson of the Year and Cultural Person of the Year must be aged 25 years or over as at 26 January 2021.
- An individual cannot receive the same award in consecutive years. They are eligible for awards under alternate categories.
- Nominations close and must be received before 4pm Friday, 20 November 2020. Nominations received after this time may not be considered. Council reserves the right to accept, reject or refuse any nomination at any time. Council does not take any responsibility for lost, late or misdirected nominations.
- If nominations are either limited or not of a sufficiently high standard, the Selection Panel reserves the right not to recommend an award for a particular category.
- The Council may vary the terms and conditions of this competition at any time in its absolute discretion.
- The winners will be announced at the 2021 Australia Day Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, 26 January 2021.
- All category winners will be selected by a selection committee. The decision of the selection committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination for an award and invited to attend the awards ceremony.
- All nominations are the property of the Council and will not be returned to the entrant.
- Nominees for the awards agree to participate in any promotional, marketing and publicity activities conducted by the Council in relation to the awards.
- Nominees and Nominators also agree that the Council may use, without notice or any fee being paid to the nominee or nominator, their entry and any personal details provided to the Council for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes that the Council may undertake on any media forum.
- The nominees, and subsequently the category winners voluntarily assume any risks associated with the Council’s 2021 Australia Day Awards. The nominees and category winners agree to indemnify the Council, Councillors, employees, agents and officers of the Council against any liability, claim, demand, cost or damage they may incur as a result of, or arising from, whether directly or indirectly, a breach of these terms and conditions and/or the participation in the Council’s 2021 Australia Day Awards. This clause survives the term of this competition, however, following the Awards event, is only applicable to subsequent promotional, marketing and publicity activities conducted by Council with respect to the Council’s 2021 Australia Day Awards.