Financial Support for a Local Athlete
Financial support is available for local athletes who are participating in a representative competition at regional, state, national or international level.
The grant is provided by Council to assist individuals residing in the Charters Towers Regional Council Local Government area, in meeting the costs associated with participating in a representative sporting event.
To be eligible, an athlete must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an Australian Citizen.
- Reside within the Charters Towers Regional Council Local Government area continuously for at least 12 months.
- Is representing North Queensland, Queensland or Australia or equivalent in an officially recognised North Queensland, State, National or International event.
- Be amateur in status.
- Provide written verification of selection from the relevant organisation.
- Must provide evidence of associated costs to participate in the competition.
- Must provide statutory declaration of applicant’s financial contribution and residency.
- Applications must be received prior to the competition. (NOTE: Applications for competitions that have already occurred will not be considered).
- The level of funding available to individual athletes will be based on a progressive scale, the higher the level of representation, the greater the financial support (See Section 6).
- Funding from this ing source has not exceeded $2,000 per applicant, per calendar year.
The level of financial support will be based on the following:
- Representing North Queensland within Queensland - $250
- Representing Queensland within Queensland - $500
- Representing Queensland Interstate - $1,000
- Representing Australia within Australia - $1,500
- Representing Australia Overseas - $2,000
NOTE: Applications submitted without the requested documents will not be considered.