Road Closures

Birdagee Creek/Mirrambeena Road - Bridge Restrictions - Updated 9 April 2024

Council wishes to advise that following a structural bridge inspection, Birdagee Creek Bridge, along Mirrambeena Road is still currently under the following restrictions until further notice.

  • A 5 kilometre an hour speed restriction is in place
  • A load limit of 5 tonne is in place

From the inspections, structural analysis is now being undertaken for repair options along with design and pricing for temporary side track options should they be required.

If this limit is breached Council may be forced to close the bridge, to save the existing structure.

Variable Message Signs (VMS) have been placed at either end of the access roads advising of restrictions ahead.

Further updates will be provided following bridge inspections.

Mirrambeena Road is located in Dotswood.

Miranbeena Rd

If it's flooded forget it

Road Closures for Public Works

Public works requiring full, partial or temporary road closures affecting traffic flow on Council roads will be available to the Community via our website or by calling Council on phone 4761 5300.

Council has an annual works program which outlines major and minor construction works.

If Council is required to close a road to carry out repairs to a section of road, this closure is advertised through one or more of the following media outlets;

  • The Townsville Bulletin newspaper;
  • Council's website;
  • Council's Facebook; and/or,
  • 4GC local radio station.

Road Closures for Flooding Events

Local road closures associated with flooding events will be available to the Community via our website or by calling Council on phone 07 4761 5300.

Road closures and conditions on the Flinders, Lynd and Clermont Highways and other State Controlled roads are available on the 131940 traffic & traveller information website or by phoning 13 19 40.

Temporary Road Closures for Community Events

If a road closure is required for an event such as a public celebration or street parade please contact Queensland Police to temporarily close the road and advise Council in writing of your intent with the approved paperwork.