Roads - Frequently Asked Questions

  • If you have a question for Council, Customer Service can provide you with some general information, or point you in the right direction to find it, it doesn't even have to be about Council!  Call us on the phone, visit an office, send us an email or write to us via our website.

  • Council is responsible for all bridge maintenance issues on the Council controlled road network system.  All requests relating to the bridge maintenance are to be logged through Council's Customer Service Centre.

  • All requests for grading of unsealed rural roads are to be reported to Council's Customer Service Centre.  Council issues each request received with an individual customer service request number which will be assessed/investigated by a member of Council's Infrastructure Services team.  Maintenance grading will only be issued if the road surface has deteriorated below the current adopted service level.

  • To replace a rural address number and post, please contact Council's Customer Service Centre or visit a Council Office and a Customer Service Officer will log a request for replacement.  Costs associated with these are as per the adopted Fees and Charges for the relevant financial year.

  • It is the responsibility of property owners to maintain their own driveway and that includes the placement, replacement and maintenance of the culverts in the table drain.  For any driveway construction works, a written request to Council is required before carrying out any work.  The property access is to be maintained to a standard that is safe for all road users including pedestrians and to maintain longitudinal drainage paths for the roadway.

  • Requests for changes to traffic signage on the Council road network may be reported to Council's Customer Service Centre. These will be investigated by Council's Infrastructure Services staff and assessed against the relevant standards prior to a decision being made.

  • Requests relating to dangerous intersections may be reported to Council's Customer Service Centre. Council will assess the intersection and obtain information relating to the number of crashes/incidents occurring at the intersection when assessing improvements in relation to safety aspects.

  • All requests relating to the clearing of stormwater infrastructure are to be reported to Council's Customer Service Centre.

  • The area of land covered by the drainage easement belongs to the property owner but there are restrictions as to what can be done on the drainage easement.  If there is an easement for stormwater on your property it must be maintained and kept clear of debris and obstructions to allow the natural flow of stormwater.  It is Council's responsibility to maintain any built drainage structure that is located on a drainage easement e.g. underground pipes, inlets, open concrete channel or concrete invert.

  • For information relating to the rural address number for your property, contact Council on 07 4761 5300.

    All rural areas have been addressed but the process is ongoing as houses are built on vacant lots.  Numbers must be easily read from the roadway to enable a property to be identified by emergency services vehicles, taxis, service authorities and the general public.