Watering Times and Conservation
All Charters Towers Water Consumers are reminded of the following:
Non Restricted Watering
Handheld hoses can be used by all on any day and any time, but may not be left unattended.
For all other watering:
- No sprinklers or fixed irrigation systems can be used on Mondays.
- Odd numbered residences/premises have been allocated Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as watering days.
- Even numbered residences/premises have been allocated Wednesday, Friday and Sunday as watering days.
- Sprinklers and fixed irrigation systems can only be used between the hours of 4:00pm and 8:00am. This means that on the allocated watering day for your property, you can water 'Midnight to 8:00am' and '4:00pm to Midnight'.
- No sprinklers or fixed irrigation systems are to be used between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm on any day.
The above information does not apply to recycled water or private bores.
The Queensland Government promote a number of ways to use water wisely at home - check them out here.