Not-For-Profit Sporting and Recreation Support Programme
Charters Towers Regional Council is committed to assisting local not-for-profit sports and recreation groups.
The COVID-19 pandemic is significantly impacting the viability for these groups to continue to operate across the Region and as such a Not-For-Profit Sporting and Recreation Support Programme has been established to assist groups who have been negatively impacted financially during this time.
The Programme will assist with the payment of up to $1,500 for operational costs, including Council rates, electricity, rent, telecommunication, insurance and licencing fees.
Applications for the Programme open on Thursday, 1 October 2020 and will close on Friday, 30 October 2020. The grant funds can be used for any approved operational costs payable from 1 July 2020 to 30 December 2020.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impact by COVID-19 restrictions.
- Demonstrate the ability of the organisation to fundraise has been impacted/restricted since March 2020 (ie. Cancellation of events, Business Activity Statement).
- Provide proof of operational costs.
- Be a not-for-profit, incorporated sporting and recreation organisation located and operating within the Charters Towers region and benefit the communities in the region.
- Hold a current public liability insurance certificate to a value of not less than $10 million.
- Not be a political party.
- Have no overdue debt to the Council.
- Have acquitted all Community Grants received from the Council.
- If successful, provide council with a tax invoice for the granted amount.
Assistance will not be provided for applications/organisations that:
- Are primarily for the benefit of an individual.
- Are primarily of a commercial nature.
- Are based outside of the region.
- Do not align with the objectives of the Council’s Corporate Plan.
- Are for repayment of debts or loans.
- Are received after the advertised closing date/time.
- Are from organisations that have outstanding grant requirements, ie. Acquittals.
For further enquiries or assistance in completing the application form, please contact the Charters Towers Regional Council on 07 4761 5300.