Financial Support for a Junior Athlete
From 1 July 2021, financial support for a Junior Athlete will be available for all residents who are 18 years or younger at the time of competition and who have been residing within the Charters Towers Local Government Area for at least 12 months or more.
To be eligible, an athlete must meet the following criteria:
- be 18 years or younger at the time of competition
- reside within the Charters Towers Regional Council Local Government area for at least 12 months
- represent Queensland or Australia or equivalent in an officially recognised State, National or International event
- be amateur in status
- receive written verification of selection from the relevant organisation
- must provide evidence of associated costs to participate in the competition
- must provide statutory declaration of applicant’s financial contribution and residency
- applications must be received prior to the competition. Applications for competitions that have already occurred will not be considered
- Funding from this funding source has not exceeded $2,000 per applicant, per calendar year.
The level of funding available to individual junior athletes will be based on a progressive scale, the higher the level of representation, the greater the financial support.
The level of financial support will be based on the following:
- Representing Queensland within Queensland - $500
- Representing Queensland Interstate - $1,000
- Representing Australia within Australia - $1,500
- Representing Australia Overseas - $2,000
- Payments will be capped at $2,000 per applicant, per calendar year.
NOTE: Applications submitted without the requested documents will not be considered.