Pensioner Rebates - 2012/2013 Rate Account
To qualify for a pensioner rebate on your 2012/2013 rate notice the following is required:
• The property must be owned by you and also be your principal place of residence, and;
• You hold a current Pensioner Concession Card issued through Centrelink, or;
• You hold a current Gold Card issued through Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
To receive a pensioner rebate on your 2012/2013 rate notice, please note the following:
• Pensioners currently registered with the Charters Towers Regional Council will automatically receive the rebate. If your pensioner status is no longer current, please advise Council.
• Pensioners who have not yet registered with Council are required to come into the Administration Centre located at 12 Mosman Street, Charters Towers and complete a Pensioner Registration Form and produce a current pensioner card. It would be appreciated if you register by Friday, 1 June 2012 to ensure that rebates are applied to the current 2011/2012 rate notice.
• Should you be issued with a Pensioner Concession Card after the 2012/2013 rate levy is issued, please contact Council.
2011/2012 Rate Notice
Pensioners are reminded that Council Rebates are only available on rate levies paid by 15 June of the financial year in which the rates are levied. If this date falls on a weekend or public holiday, the cut-off date is the next business day. Therefore, to receive the rebates on the current 2011/2012 Rate Notice, the levy must be paid in full by Friday, 15 June 2012.