At times, private persons may find it desirable to have Council provide a private works service.  If a person wishes to contract Council to construct civil engineering infrastructure for a lump sum price, the person shall write in the first instance to Council with a formal request to set up such an arrangement.

Private works using Council equipment and personnel is only permissible if it does not cause a disruption to the progress of Council's own Works Program and it is assessed that the plant available is suitable for the proposed work or conditions. Council's Director Roads shall make this determination.

In the normal course of events, a person may request an Indicative Cost Quotation for any Private Works. These are indicative only and actual costs will be charged at Council's charge out rates. Each quotation will have a unique sequential number.

For the private works to proceed, the Private Works Authorisation must be completed, referenced to the relevant Indicative Cost Quotation and signed by the Proponent. The Private Works Authorisation also has a Unique Identification Number.

Upon completition of the Works Authorisation Form and payment in full received and processed by Council, only then may the work be programmed.  


Private Works or Hiring out not "Core" business


It is recognised that the undertaking of private works or the hiring out of Council owned Plant, Equipment or Vehicles to the public, is NOT "core business". Council's "core business" is the maintenance of road assets and the construction of capital roadworks for Council, Department of Transport and Main Roads and others under contract.

For further information, contact us.