The 2020 NAOC Annual Conference will be hosted by Charters Towers Regional Council.
Further information coming soon...
- Date Claimer
- Conference Program
- The Conference Itinerary
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Northern Alliance of Councils IncorporatedBack
The North Queensland Local Government Association voted on 26 July 2017 at its Annual General Meeting to incorporate under a new body entitled the "Northern Alliance of Councils".
Charters Towers Regional Council is the Secretariat for the Northern Alliance of Councils Incorporated (NAOC).
The Northern Alliance of Councils Inc represents local governments in northern Australia, whose area, or part thereof, is north of the Tropic of Capricorn. Under the Association's constitution, the aim of the Association is "to render every possible assistance to the Local Governments constituted under the Local Government Act and who are affiliated with the Association by taking whatever action is deemed advisable and which will tend to the development of Northern Australia and the welfare of its residents." The Constitution is available here.
The NAOC Executive is comprised of:
- President - Mayor Liz Schmidt, Charters Towers Regional Council
- Vice President - Cr John Woods, Burdekin Shire Council
- Executive Member - Cr Kevin Casey, Mackay Regional Council
- Executive Member - Cr Roy Prior, Palm Island Aboriginal Shire Council
- Executive Member - Mayor Belinda Murphy, Mckinlay Shire Council
- Executive Member - Mayor Julia Leu, Douglas Shire Council
- Executive Member - Mayor Joe Paronella, Tablelands Regional Council
- Secretary - Mrs Amy Russell, Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer, Charters Towers Regional Council
The Secretariat is available at firstname.lastname@example.org,or by phoning Mrs Amy Russell on 4761 5352. The Organisation's postal address is PO Box 189, Charters Towers QLD 4820.
The Association holds an annual conference hosted by a member council in its catchment area. Councillors, local and State government officers, major companies and other stakeholders attend the event. The programme for the conference includes the general meeting and the Annual General Meeting of the Association, and a number of presentations from guest speakers who provide information and discuss current topics of interest to local governments (including LGAQ).
The Northern Alliance of Councils conference is a wonderful opportunity for councillors to network with other councillors from across Northern Australia, and offers the following benefits:
- An avenue to discuss issues of concern;
- Learn of new initiatives in Local Government;
- Presentations from Government Ministers and their departments which provide up to date information about current legislation, funding opportunities, projects, and plans for the future; and
- Presentations on interesting community events and projects.