Mayor Message - Community Meetings 2019 - Cr Liz Schmidt
Starting within the next 2 weeks, Councillors, senior Council staff and I will begin holding community meetings in the various townships around the region.
These meetings are designed to give members of the community the opportunity to raise concerns and receive updates on projects in their area.
To help us plan for these meetings, we’re asking residents to provide the topics for discussion in advance. By doing this allows us to use our time with the community effectively and to be able to address concerns that are relevant for the community.
It’s important to register your topic for discussion to ensure the process is inclusive and that all the key relevant information is presented for discussion.
The best way to register your interest or raise a topic for discussion at a meeting is by filling out an online form here www.charterstowers.qld.gov.au/community-meetings-2019
Please note, registrations close 2 weeks before each community meeting.
Meetings are as follows:
- Ravenswood - Thursday, 22 August 2019 at 2pm (registration closes Thursday, 8 August at 12noon)
- Greenvale - Wednesday, 28 August 2019 at 10am (registration closes Wednesday, 14 August at 12noon)
- Hervey Range - Monday, 2 September 2019 at 10am (registration closes Monday, 19 August at 12noon)
- Homestead - Monday, 9 September 2019 at 9am (registration closes Monday, 26 August at 12noon)
- Pentland - Monday, 9 September 2019 at 11:45am (registration closes Monday, 26 August at 12noon)
All community members of Charters Towers Region are welcome to attend these Community Meetings.
For more information or to register visit Council’s website here.
OGG 8 Aug 2019