Junior Community GrantsBack
The 2nd round of Mayor Liz Schmidt’s Junior Community Grants has now closed
Documentation is being finalised for successful applicants
Mayor Liz Schmidt made funds available (from the allowance she receives for the use of her own vehicle while conducting Council business) to provide a source of financial assistance to young people in Charters Towers Regional Council’s area wishing to undertake a variety of activities that may require extra funds to assist with a project for their organisation.
Community organisations and groups involving young people from families across the Council region are encouraged to apply for this Junior Community Grants program. The applications must be for activities of a group.
The grant amount may be specified on the application form and such request will be considered by the judging panel who will make a final decision. The grant will be provided as a one-off assistance to the successful applicant/s.
The Mayor’s Junior Community Grants are offered for Groups consisting of the following age groups or groups, including all age groups mentioned:
- Groups aged between Pre-Prep/Kindergarten to Grade 6
- Groups aged between Grade 7 and Grade 10
- Groups aged between Grade 11 and Grade 12
Applicant/applicants must be within the age range and must have the support of a responsible adult.
Junior Community Grant applications are considered for all reasonable purposes. These include, but are not limited to: academic, sporting, cultural and recreational endeavours.
Applicants for the Junior Community Grants will be restricted to those who satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Students or members of groups must be a resident of the Charters Towers Regional Council area.
- Students or members of groups must be attending a school within the Charters Towers Region and be studying on a full-time basis.
- Applying students or group members must answer all criteria questions in the application form, with the final two questions being handwritten.
- Creativity from applying students or group members who best explain their goals and aspirations are most likely to be successful with their application.
Round 1: Opened 08 February 2017 | Closed 08 March 2017
Round 2: Opened 01 August 2017 | Closed 31 August 2017
For enquiries relating to the Junior Community Grants, please contact Jenny Brown, Executive Assistant, on 4761 5352 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.