Junior Community GrantsBack
Applications have now closed for the inaugural Bi-annual Mayor Liz Schmidt’s Junior Community Grants.
Mayor Liz Schmidt made funds available to provide a source of financial assistance to young people in Charters Towers Regional Council’s area wishing to undertake a variety of activities and may require extra funds to assist with a project for their organisation. The funds available were from the allowance Mayor Schmidt received for the use of her own vehicle while conducting Council business.
Community organisations and groups involving young people from families across the Council region were encouraged to apply for this Junior Community Grants program. The applications must have been be for the activities of a junior group. Successful applicants will receive up to a $500 grant which will be provided as a one-off assistance to the successful applicants.
The Mayor’s Junior Community Grants are offered in two separate categories:
- Groups between 8 and 12 years old (applicant/applicants must be within the age range and must have the support of a responsible adult)
- Groups between 13 and 16 years old (applicant/applicants must be within the age range and must have the support of a responsible adult)
Junior Community Grant applications considered for all reasonable purposes. These could include academic, sporting, cultural and recreational endeavours.
Applicants for the Junior Community Grants will be restricted to those who satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Students or members of groups must be a resident of the Charters Towers Regional Council area.
- Students or members of groups must be attending a school within the Charters Towers Region and be studying on a full-time basis.
- Applying students or group members must answer all criteria questions in the application form, with the final two questions being handwritten.
- Creativity from applying students or group members who best explain their goals and aspirations are most likely to be successful with their application.
The application form for the initial round may be found here.
Application forms and guidelines were available from City Hall, Council’s Administration Centre, Excelsior Library and via the link above.
The initial round of the Mayor’s Junior Community Grants opened on 08 February 2017 and closed on 08 March 2017.
If you have an enquiries please contact Executive Assistant Jenny Brown, phone 4761 5352 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.