Gill Street ReconstructionBack
Gill Street roundabout update - One lane closure
As works on the Gill and Boundary Streets roundabout progresses, the East bound lane of Gill Street (hospital side) will be closed from Wednesday 13 September 2017 for a period of 2 weeks. Detours will be in place via Mary Street. The section of Boundary Street between Gill and Mary Streets will also be closed to traffic (local traffic will have guided access).
Gill Street pavement reconstruction - Vulture Street to Enterprise Road
Council staff will be undertaking profiling and placing bitumen treated base (BTB) on Gill Street between Vulture Street and Enterprise Road. These works are expected to commence Thursday 21 September. The works will involve night works to minimise disruptions, motorists are to expect lane closures with detours.
Council acknowledges that the works may cause some inconvenience and appreciates the public's cooperation.
Should you require any further information please contact David Fletcher, Techncial Services Manager on 4761 5300.
Preliminary roundabout works and further reconstruction works commence in Gill Street
Council staff have commenced preliminary roundabout works at the Gill & Boundary Streets intersection. Preparation for pavement replacement between Vulture & Enterprise Streets has also commenced with the removal of traffic islands.
Gill Street roundabout update August 2017
Council staff will be undertaking works at the Gill & Boundary Streets intersection to construct a roundabout. These works will take approximately four weeks. During these works there will be disruptions to traffic. Detours will be in place via Hodgkinson Street and Mary Street (between Vulture and High Streets).
These works are planned to commence late August. In addition to these works, linemarking will also be completed during the month of August on the completed asphalt sections of Gill Street.
For road rules at a roundabout please refer to https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/rules/road/roundabouts.
Council acknowledges that the works may cause inconvenience and appreciates the public's cooperation.
Should you require any further information, please contact David Fletcher, Technical Services Manager on 4761 5300.
Gill Street works update June 2017
From Tuesday 06 June through to Thursday 08 June 2017, Council undertook asphalt surfacing works on Gill Street between High and Vulture Streets. See below for further planned works.
Gill Street works underway
Charters Towers Regional Council has commenced preparation for the reconstruction of Gill Street between Church Street and Craven Street.
As a precursor to undertaking the reconstruction of the Gill Street pavement Council will be installing a new water main between Church Street and Boundary Street. This will be completed in two sections with High Street to Boundary Street being undertaken in mid April 2017 with the Church Street to High Street section planned to be undertaken in August 2017.
During these works there will be disruptions to traffic flow, access and water supply to private residences and businesses.
The construction of the High Street to Boundary Street section is expected to be completed within two weeks. Council staff will liaise with residents and business owners to minimise disruptions.
Gill Street Pavement reconstruction 2016/2017
Council is planning to utilise a bitumen treated base (BTB) pavement solution which provides a more durable pavement that can be laid significantly faster than conventional pavement replacement methods. The method has been selected to dramatically reduce disruption to businesses and the community Work is currently planned to undertake these works in blocks as follows:
- Profile and place bitumen treated base (BTB) Boundary Street – Vulture Street excluding intersections, late April 3-4 days
- Replace centre kerbing around centre islands, mid-May
- Profile and place BTB High Street – Boundary Street excluding intersections, late May 3-4 days
- Lay asphalt surface High Street – Vulture Street, end of May 3-4 days
- It is intended that the pavement and surfacing work will be undertaken mostly over the weekends, minimising disruption to traffic and residences
Gill Street Pavement Reconstruction 2017/2018
The following works are planned:
- Profile and place BTB Boundary Street intersection, construct roundabout, lay asphalt, July 2017
- Replace water main Church Street to High Street, August 2017
- Profile and place BTB High Street intersection, construct roundabout, lay asphalt, September 2017
- Profile and place bitumen treated base (BTB) Church Street – High Street excluding intersections, early October 2-3 days (night works)
- Replace garden bed kerbing, mid to late October
- Lay asphalt Church – High Streets, early November
- The Church Street intersection and roundabout will be undertaken once service relocations are completed at this intersection.
During 2017/2018 various kerb and footpath replacements will also be undertaken. Council staff will liaise with individual residents and business owners to minimise disruptions.
Further information will be advertised closer to the actual works.