Gill Street ReconstructionBack
Gill Street works update 19 May 2017
Council will be undertaking pavement replacement works on Gill Street between Boundary Street and High Street from Wednesday, 24 May through to Friday, 26 May 2017.
Please note: Change in dates due to weather.
Residents are advised both accesses to the Hospital will remain open, however parking along the Gill Street entrances will be limited.
During these works motorists are to expect lane closures with detours. The works will involve day and night operations to minimise disruptions.
Council acknowledges that the works may cause some inconvenience and appreciates the public's cooperation.
Should you require any further information on the above proposal, please contact David Fletcher, Technical Services Manager on 4761 5300.
Gill Street works underway
Charters Towers Regional Council has commenced preparation for the reconstruction of Gill Street between Church Street and Craven Street.
As a precursor to undertaking the reconstruction of the Gill Street pavement Council will be installing a new water main between Church Street and Boundary Street. This will be completed in two sections with High Street to Boundary Street being undertaken in mid April 2017 with the Church Street to High Street section planned to be undertaken in August 2017.
During these works there will be disruptions to traffic flow, access and water supply to private residences and businesses.
The construction of the High Street to Boundary Street section is expected to be completed within two weeks. Council staff will liaise with residents and business owners to minimise disruptions.
Gill Street Pavement reconstruction 2016/2017
Council is planning to utilise a bitumen treated base (BTB) pavement solution which provides a more durable pavement that can be laid significantly faster than conventional pavement replacement methods. The method has been selected to dramatically reduce disruption to businesses and the community Work is currently planned to undertake these works in blocks as follows:
- Profile and place bitumen treated base (BTB) Boundary Street – Vulture Street excluding intersections, late April 3-4 days
- Replace centre kerbing around centre islands, mid-May
- Profile and place BTB High Street – Boundary Street excluding intersections, late May 3-4 days
- Lay asphalt surface High Street – Vulture Street, end of May 3-4 days
- It is intended that the pavement and surfacing work will be undertaken mostly over the weekends, minimising disruption to traffic and residences
Gill Street Pavement Reconstruction 2017/2018
The following works are planned:
- Profile and place BTB Boundary Street intersection, construct roundabout, lay asphalt, July 2017
- Replace water main Church Street to High Street, August 2017
- Profile and place BTB High Street intersection, construct roundabout, lay asphalt, September 2017
- Profile and place bitumen treated base (BTB) Church Street – High Street excluding intersections, early October 2-3 days (night works)
- Replace garden bed kerbing, mid to late October
- Lay asphalt Church – High Streets, early November
- The Church Street intersection and roundabout will be undertaken once service relocations are completed at this intersection.
During 2017/2018 various kerb and footpath replacements will also be undertaken. Council staff will liaise with individual residents and business owners to minimise disruptions.
Further information will be advertised closer to the actual works.