Dogs of the Towers
Dogs of the TowersBack
Calling all amateur photographers, young and old, to enter the ‘Dogs of the Towers’ photo competition.
- Theme: ‘Registered Council Dogs’
- Open to all amateur photographers in the Charters Towers Regional Council area that have a dog registered with Council
- Council’s dog registration tag must be visible and identifiable within the photo
- Public voting to determine finalists
- Great prizes to be won
- Finalists have been selected and are now on display at the World Theatre
- Winners will be announced at 12pm on Wednesday, 12 July 2017 at the World Theatre Gallery
Full Terms and Conditions
- By completing and submitting an entry form, each entrant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Charters Towers Regional Council (‘Council’), 12 Mosman Street, Charters Towers Qld 4820.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Competition commences stage one at 9am, 5 May 2017 and ends at 3pm, 31 May 2017. Stage two commences 9am, 5 June 2017 and ends 3pm, 19 June 2017. Stage three will commence 9am, 28 June 2017 and ends 3pm, 23 July 2017. Only entries that are received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions during the promotion period will be eligible for entry.
- No late entries will be considered; Council reserves the right to accepts, reject or refuse any entries at any time.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Council does not take any responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Entry is open to residents of all ages who live and have a currently registered dog with in the Charters Towers Regional Council area.
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to the Terms and Conditions. Entrants should be aware that a breach of this consent requirement will result in the entrant being disqualified. The promoter reserves the right to contact the parent or guardian to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- The photograph featuring your Council registered dog must be taken within the Charters Towers Regional Council area. Council’s dog registration tag must be visible and identifiable within the photo. . People may be included in photos but they must be incidental and unidentifiable.
- This competition is limited to amateur photographers.
- Entry is open to residents of all ages living in the Charters Towers Region who own a dog currently registered with Council.
- Each entrant may enter 1 photo per registered dog. No image can be entered more than once.
- Each entry must be accompanied by the entrant’s full name, address, dog’s name, and registration number.
- By entering a photograph the entrants acknowledge that the photograph was taken by themselves, and is not from copyrighted sources. Entrants as a condition of entering the competition accept that all entries become the property of the Promoter, Charters Towers Regional Council. All photos will be filed in Council’s Corporate Image Library for possible future use in Council publications/promotions.
- Charters Towers Regional Council reserves the right to use any photographic material in publications/promotions without permission or remuneration.
- All entries must be submitted electronically. Digital entries must be a minimum 300 dpi, or at least 2880 pixels wide or 1920 pixels high, in a TIF or JPEG format, no larger than 9MG. In landscape.
- The Promoter, Charters Towers Regional Council, does retain the right to crop the image for reproduction processes.
- Finalists agree to make themselves available for reasonable promotional purposes – including being photographed and interviewed.
- All finalist photos will be displayed at the World Theatre Art Gallery.
- Finalists will be announced 5 June 2017 via the Charters Towers Regional Council Facebook page, webpage, and displayed at the front counter of City Hall, 72 Mosman Street. Finalists will be notified in writing.
- Charters Towers Regional Council reserves the right to remove or exclude any entries that are deemed not appropriate or do not meet the requirements of the submission.
- Entries must not be distasteful, offensive, obscene, defamatory or discriminatory.
- The Charters Towers Regional Council reserves the right to modify or discontinue the competition with or without prior notice, due to reasons outside of its reasonable control.
- All photos submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that the photo submitted has been taken with the permission of the subject and does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws, State or Federal, in respect to the taking of and reproduction of photographic images.
- Charters Towers Regional Council respects the privacy of personal information. The information contained within this form is collected for the purpose of the photographic competition and exhibition only. Personal information will not be otherwise disclosed without prior consent.
- Entrants voluntarily assumes all risks associated with the Dogs of the Towers Photographic Competition, indemnifying Council, Councillors, employees, agents and officers of Council from any or all liability for damage, loss or injury, however caused, that the entrants may suffer as a result of or arising from breach of these terms and conditions and their participation in the Dogs of the Towers Photographic C Entrants acknowledge and agree that Council, Councillors, employees, agents and officers of Council may plead this waiver and indemnity as a bar to any proceedings they may commence against all or any of them.
- Entrants agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Council, Councillors, employees, agents and officers of Council against any liability, claim, demand, cost or damage they may incur as a result of or arising from, whether directly or indirectly, breach of these terms and conditions and their participation in the Dogs of The Towers Photographic Competition. This clause survives the term of this completion.
Notice is hereby given that Charters Towers Regional Council together with the Department of Natural Resources and Mines intends to conduct controlled burning of excess vegetation on vacant...