Dogs of the TowersBack
- By completing and submitting an entry form, each entrant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Charters Towers Regional Council (‘Council’), 12 Mosman Street, Charters Towers Qld 4820.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Only entries that are received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions during the promotion period will be eligible for entry.
- No late entries will be considered; Council reserves the right to accept, reject or refuse any entries at any time.
- Public voting will determine the top 20 finalists.
- Three winners will be selected from the finalists. A panel of three judges will choose the winners.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Council does not take any responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Stage one (entries open and can be entered on the Charters Towers website or brought into City Hall on a USB) commences 9am, 16 April 2018 and ends at 3pm, 27 April 2018.
Stage two (public voting opens on Facebook, vote box at Target and via the local newspaper to determine top 20 finalists) commences 9am, 7 May 2018 and ends 3pm, 18 May 2018.
Stage three (the top 20 finalists’ photographs chosen by the public will be displayed at the Excelsior Library. Judging will take place by a panel of three judges to determine the three winners) will commence 9am, 4 June 2018 and ends 3pm, 8 June 2018.
Who can enter?
- Entry is open to residents of all ages living in the Charters Towers Region who own a dog currently registered with Council;
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to the Terms and Conditions. Entrants should be aware that a breach of this consent requirement will result in the entrant being disqualified. The promoter reserves the right to contact the parent or guardian to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- This competition is limited to amateur photographers.
- Each entrant may enter 1 photo per registered dog. No photo can be entered more than once.
Photo size and quality:
- All entries must be submitted either on a USB to City Hall or online, digital entries must be a minimum 300 dpi, or at least 2880 pixels wide or 1920 pixels high, in a TIF or JPEG format, no larger than 9MG. In landscape.
- To ensure the photo meets the above requirement it is recommended that the photo is the original photograph from a phone or camera and not, for example, taken from Facebook, as the quality will be reduced.
Photo and entry requirements:
- Each entry must be accompanied by the entrant’s full name, address, dog’s name, and registration number.
- The photograph must feature your current Council registered dog.
- The yellow Council dog registration tag must be clearly visible in the photo however the numerals are not required to be identifiable in the photo.
- People may be included in the photo but they must be incidental and unidentifiable.
- The photograph which was entered last year’s competition cannot be re-used in this year’s competition. A new entry must be submitted.
- Finalists will be announced 5 June 2018 via the Charters Towers Regional Council Facebook page, and displayed at the front counter of City Hall, 70 Mosman Street, Charters Towers. Finalists will be notified by phone.
- All finalist photos will be displayed at the Excelsior Library.
- Finalists agree to make themselves available for reasonable promotional purposes – including being photographed and interviewed.
- An invitation will be extended to all Finalists to attend the unveiling of the winners, to be held at the Excelsior Library, 130 Gill Street, Charters Towers on 29 June 2018.
Rules, rights and uses:
- By entering a photograph, the entrants acknowledge that the photograph was taken by themselves. Entrants as a condition of entering the competition accept that all entries become the property of the Promoter, Charters Towers Regional Council. All photos will be filed in Council’s Corporate Image Library for possible future use in Council publications/promotions.
- Charters Towers Regional Council reserves the right to use any photographic material in publications/promotions without permission or remuneration.
- Charters Towers Regional Council reserves the right to remove or exclude any entries that are deemed not appropriate or do not meet the requirements of the submission.
- The Charters Towers Regional Council reserves the right to modify or discontinue the competition with or without prior notice, due to reasons outside of its reasonable control.
- All photos submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- Charters Towers Regional Council respects the privacy of personal information. The information contained within this form is collected for the photographic competition and exhibition only. Personal information will not be otherwise disclosed without prior consent.