Dogs of the TowersBack
1. By completing and submitting an entry form, each entrant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Charters Towers Regional Council (‘Council’), 12 Mosman Street, Charters Towers Qld 4820.
3. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. Only entries that are received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions during the promotion period will be eligible for entry.
5. No late entries will be considered. Council reserves the right to accept, reject or refuse any entries at any time.
6. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Council does not take any responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
8. Council, retains the right to crop the image for reproduction processes.
9. Stage one (entries open and can be received via website (link provided on Facebook) or via USB to City Hall) commences 9am, Monday 15 April 2019 and ends at 3pm, Friday 3 May 2019.
10. Stage two (public voting opens on Facebook, vote box at Target) commences 9am, Monday 6 May 2019 and ends 3pm, Friday 17 May 2019.
11. Stage three (finalists will be displayed at the Excelsior Library where judging will take place to determine the three winners) will commence 9am, Monday 3 June 2019 and ends 3pm, Friday 7 June 2019.
12. Stage four winners will be revealed at the Off Leash Dog Park (Lissner Park) Friday 28 June 2019. Finalists are encouraged to bring their entry dog/s to the reveal, provided they are well socialised and must always be effectively restrained.
Who can enter?
13. Entry is open to residents of all ages living in the Charters Towers Region who own a dog currently registered with Council.
14. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to the Terms and Conditions. Entrants should be aware that a breach of this consent requirement will result in the entrant being disqualified. The promoter reserves the right to contact the parent or guardian to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions.
15. This competition is limited to amateur photographers.
Photo size and quality:
16. All entries must be submitted either electronically or via USB delivered to City Hall. Digital entries must be a minimum 300 dpi, or at least 2880 pixels wide / 1920 pixels high, in a TIFF or JPEG format, no larger than 9MB and landscape orientation.
17. To ensure the photo meets the above requirement it is recommended that the photo is the original photograph from a phone or camera and not, for example, taken from Facebook, as the quality will be reduced.
Photo and entry requirements:
18. The 2019 theme is “Best Mate”, photos are in accordance with the individual’s representation of this theme title.
19. Each entry must be accompanied by the entrant’s full name, address, dog’s name, and registration number.
20. The photograph must feature your current Council registered dog.
21. Each entrant may enter one photo per registered dog. No photo can be entered more than once.
22. The yellow Council dog registration tag must be clearly visible in the photo however the numerals are not required to be identifiable in the photo.
23. People are permitted in the photo but must be incidental and unidentifiable.
24. Finalists will be announced Monday 3 June 2019 via the Council Facebook page, and displayed at the Excelsior Library, Gill Street. Finalists will be notified by phone.
25. Finalists agree to make themselves available for reasonable promotional purposes – including being photographed and interviewed.
26. An invitation will be extended to all Finalists to attend the unveiling of the winners, to be held at the Off Leash Dog Park, Lissner Park, on Friday 28 June 2019.
Rules, rights and uses:
27. By entering a photograph, the entrants acknowledge that the photograph was taken by themselves, and is not from copyrighted sources. Entrants as a condition of entering the competition accept that all entries become the property of the Promoter, Council. All photos will be filed in Council’s corporate image library for possible future use in Council publications/promotions.
28. Council reserves the right to use any photographic material in publications/promotions without permission or remuneration.
29. Council reserves the right to remove or exclude any entries that are deemed not appropriate or do not meet the requirements of the submission.
30. Entries must not be distasteful, offensive, obscene, defamatory or discriminatory.
31. Council reserves the right to modify or discontinue the competition with or without prior notice, due to reasons outside of its reasonable control.
32. All photos submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
33. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that the photo submitted has been taken with the permission of the subject and does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws, State or Federal, in respect to the taking of and reproduction of photographic images.
34. Council respects the privacy of personal information. The information contained within this form is collected for the photographic competition and exhibition only. Personal information will not be otherwise disclosed without prior consent.
I understand and agree:
Agree to the Council including its Councillors, employees, officers and agents making images or recordings, whether audio and/or visual, digital or otherwise, of me and/or my dog appearing and participating at the competition;
Agree the Council including its Councillors, employees, officers and agents using, publishing or reproducing the photographs, images or recordings in any form (in whole or in part) and by any medium including, without limitation, print media (publications, newspapers, magazines, signage, displays, brochures, newsletters, flyers), broadcast media (television advertisements, promotional videos, radio, audio visual aids, CDs and DVDs), online (websites and social media for example, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter) and other multi-media for official and commercial purposes including, without limitation, for reporting, publicising, promoting and advertising purposes (“Promotional Materials”); and
Agree to the Council retaining or storing the Photographs (including those incorporated into Promotional Materials), in hard copy or digitally;
Agree that I will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) regarding the making, use or storage with the Photographs;
Agree that Council is the owner of the copyright in the Photographs and the physical Photographs;
Acknowledge and agree that any Promotion Materials which may include my dog, expressly or by implication, are, at the date of publication, made in good faith and are not intended to defame or offend me or my dog or bring me and my dog into disrepute and, to the best of Council’s knowledge, are true and correct;
Release and indemnify the Council including Council, Councillors, employees, agents and officers and any assignees and licensees from and against any claims or demands and cost or damage arising out of or in connection to (whether directly or indirectly) the use of the Photographs and breach of these terms and conditions and their participation in the Dogs of The Towers Photography Competition. This clause survives the term of this competition; and
Acknowledge that the Council has explained the terms and conditions of this competition and by signing/ clicking Agree I am agreeing to these terms and conditions on my own free will, with the full understanding and comprehension of the Terms and Conditions of this competition.