CTRC Planning ServicesBack
On Wednesday 17 July 2019, Council resolved (R2984) to adopt the Charters Towers Regional Town Plan (the Town Plan) under the Planning Act 2016 which commenced on Monday 29 July 2019. The Town Plan provides a single land use document which guides and determines changes to the way land, buildings and structures are used and helps support greater economic development opportunities.
A copy of the Town Plan is provided below. With respect to mapping, hyperlinks are provided within Schedule 2 of the Town Plan.
The Town Plan categorises land into zones and with specific assessment levels for Reconfiguration of a Lot, Material Change of Use, Building Works Assessable and Operational Works. Depending upon the type and nature of your development, differing codes and policies of the Town Plan will apply. For more information on preparing and lodging your Development Application, please access:
- Reconfiguration of a Lot – Information Sheet
- Material Change of Use – Information Sheet
- Building Works Assessable – Information Sheet
- Operational Works – Information Sheet
To provide a summary of the development activity across the last financial year, Council have prepared the below for your information:
Charters Towers Regional Council invites submissions on the Draft Charters Towers Regional Local Government Infrastructure Plan which has been drafted in accordance with the Planning Act 2016 and the Ministers Guidelines and Rules 2017.
The Draft Charters Towers Regional Local Government Infrastructure Plan may be viewed below or at Council’s Administration Centres located at 12 and 70 Mosman Street, Charters Towers.
Submissions must be in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act 2016 and:
- Be in writing or by email
- State the name and residential or business address of each submitter
- State the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds
- Be signed by each person making the submission (however signatures are not required for online and email (electronic) submissions)
- Must supply one postal or electronic address for further correspondence regarding the submission
- Either posted, emailed or lodged at one of Council’s administration centres located at 12 and 70 Mosman Street, Charters Towers, and
- Within the notification period of 3 October to 15 November 2019.
Submissions must be made between 3 October to 15 November 2019 and lodged with Council through any of the following methods:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post - Chief Executive Officer, Charters Towers Regional Council, PO Box 189, CHARTERS TOWERS QLD 4820
- Over the Counter - 12 or 70 Mosman Street, CHARTERS TOWERS QLD 4820
For further information about the Draft Charters Towers Regional Local Government Infrastructure Plan, including making an appointment with a Council Planner, please call Council’s Regional Development Department on (07) 4761 5300.
Superceded Planning Schemes
Until Monday 29 July 2020, applicants can lodge a Superceded Planning Scheme Request under S29 of the Planning Act 2016. For land within the former Charters Towers City Counicl local government area, the Aligned Planning Scheme for Charters Towers 2011 applies. For land wtithin the former Dalrymple Shire Council local government ara, the Aligned Planning Scheme for Dalrymple 2006 applies. The two superceded Planning Schemes may be accessed below.
Regulated Infrastructure Charges
As Council does not have a Local Government Infrastructure Plan in effect, Council currently do not levy any infrastructure charges for developments within the Region. Where levied charges were however issued under the former Statutory Policy S0039 - Adopted Infrastructure Charges (former Charters Towers City Planning Area), a Infrastructure Charges Register is included here in accordance with Schedule 24 of the Planning Regulation 2017.
Development Decisions and Exemption Certificates
The delivery of timely sustainable development outcomes is at the forefront of the Council’s Planning and Development Department. If you are interested in viewing one the most recent planning approvals for the Region, see below:
Council's Planning and Development Department is available to provide more information in relation of any of the above - please contact them on (07) 4761 5300.