Community Grants ProgrammeBack
Charters Towers Regional Council is committed to assisting not-for-profit community organisations to deliver activities/programs/services of an artistic, cultural, recreational, sporting or other community related pursuit by providing grants in an equitable and accountable manner. Council has adopted a formal policy, the Community Grants Policy, and an application process to guide achievement of the objectives.
The Community Grants Policy provides a straight forward approach to how Council will assess applications and what determines applicant success.
Applications that have the greatest demonstrated benefit to the communities of the Charters Towers Region and which support the goals expressed within the Charters Towers Regional Council Corporate Plan (PDF) and Community Plan – Our Region Our Future 2035 (PDF) will be considered favourably.
Applications for Round 1, 2020/2021 will open on Friday, 1 May 2020 and will close on Friday, 29 May 2020 for projects/events/services occurring July - December 2020.
Applicants must meet all of the following:
- Be a not for profit, incorporated community organisation
- Hold a current public liability insurance certificate to a value of not less than $10 million
- Be located and operate within the Charters Towers Region, and benefit the communities of the Charters Towers Region
- Not operate or benefit from gaming machines
- Not be a Political party
- Not be a State and Commonwealth Government agency with the exception of school award nights
- Have no overdue debt to Council
- Have not received funding through this Programme more than twice in the four (4) years prior to the application round (commencing Round 1 2017/2018)
- Have attended training opportunities provided by Council associated with event management if funding request is event related
- Have acquitted all Community Grants received from Council.
Assistance will not be provided for applications that:
- Are primarily for the benefit of an individual
- Are primarily of a commercial nature
- Take place outside of the region
- Do not align with the objectives of Council's Corporate Plan
- Fall within the responsibility of a State or Federal government department for delivery (with exception of school award nights)
- Are for repayments of debts or loans
- Are for funding for individuals – to attend/participate higher self-achievement events/courses
- Are for components of events that include salaries/wages for staff or recurrent costs associated with day to day operations
- Are received after the advertised closing date/time
- Are from organisations that have outstanding Grant requirements, ie. acquittals
Community Grants Policy (PDF, 85kb)
Community Grants Programme - Application Form (PDF, 274kb)
Community Grant Programme - Acquittal Form (PDF, 180kb)
Corporate Plan 2018 - 2023 (PDF, 792kb)
Community Plan (PDF, 4.1mb)
Should you require assistance with your application or further information, Contact Council on 07 4761 5300.