If you are planning to undertake plumbing works, it may be necessary for you to obtain a Plumbing Approval.  Not all plumbing work is assessable work.

Assessable plumbing work, being plumbing work for which an approval is required, is defined by the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002.

Application Forms


Form 1 - Application for Compliance Assessment (PDF, 64kb)

Form 7 - Notification of Responsible Person (PDF, 83kb)

Non-Sewered Area 

Application for Secondary and Advanced Secondary System (PDF, 33kb)

Application for Use of Council's Pre-Approved Designs (PDF, 791kb)


Application checklist - Plumbing and Drainage in Non-Sewered Areas (PDF, 128kb)

Application checklist - Plumbing and Drainage in Sewered Areas (PDF, 126kb)

Additional forms, templates and guidelines relating to plumbing are available from the Department of Housing and Public Works website.